Our client, a well-established UK bank, is looking to recruit a Compliance Manager in the Birmingham area, with hybrid working. The role is based in the bank’s small and friendly Advice Team, working alongside three to four other people in a relaxed environment.
The Manager will play a key role in providing expert compliance advice across a range of new product and strategic change initiatives, marketing and other compliance related areas.
This is an exciting role for the right candidate, offering a great opportunity for career progression, with the chance to take on more responsibility and seniority as you progress in the role.
- Acting as a compliance representative on key business and regulatory projects and initiatives, providing advice and proactive challenge to ensure regulatory and conduct compliance and fair customer outcomes
- Being able to provide advice and identify potential solutions to issues as they arise
- Preparing compliance and conduct risk management information reports
- Overseeing the review and approval of financial promotions, providing advice and support where required
- Providing specialist technical conduct regulatory interpretation and ongoing support and advice on wider FCA related regulatory themes
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of the regulatory and conduct risk management frameworks, Regulatory Rules and Legislative Universe, policies and procedures and ensuring that consistent standards are applied
- Leading key functional initiatives as required
- Maintaining the company’s compliance standards
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years previous experience in a compliance or conduct risk role within the financial service industry
- Previous experience with retail banking products and services
- Detailed knowledge of conduct and regulatory environment
- Detailed working and practical knowledge of the FCA handbooks and their application in practice
- Knowledge of retail banking and associated products
- Formal professional compliance qualifications and a CeMAP 3 qualification are desirable