Our client, a major financial services firm, is looking to recruit a Credit Risk Strategy – Senior Analyst
in their London office, with hybrid working. The role involves investigating the firm’s exposure to different kinds of credit risk, their resilience in times of market stress, and proposing frameworks and activities to manage these whilst understanding and engaging with the customers’ needs.
The Senior Analyst will cover the development and enhancement of the core existing credit risk strategies within the customer lifecycle across multiple brands and products with a focus on portfolio strategy development, strategic change delivery, portfolio monitoring and insights, and operational delivery and control.
- Using insight to find ways to optimise portfolio strategies and customer treatment in order to improve the portfolio’s risk profile and returns
- Focusing on the implementation of strategic changes, mostly by collaborating with change management and technical implementation teams
- Delivering the monthly portfolio and strategy monitoring with sufficient level of insights
- Ensuring that sufficient controls are present in all existing strategies and processes as well as confirming that any future developments are subject to the same high standards of accuracy and controls
Skills and Experience
- Experience working with databases and using Python or SAS for data analysis and insights
- Strong Excel skills (e.g. familiarity with most of the following: pivot tables, conditional formatting, inbuilt function)
- Ability to identify key numerical concepts relating to consumer lending
- Advanced mathematical and statistical skills
- Good working knowledge of non-linear risk models
- Experience delivering analytical insights from big data
- Relevant experience within a regulated financial services organisation.